Mike Kennedy is a Principal of Avison Young specializing in brokerage, capital markets and development strategies, leading teams across Texas and North American markets. Avison Young is a full service global real estate firm with 5,000 real estate professionals located in 120 offices in 20 countries. As a Top Producer with over $140MM in successful transactions for 2021 and 2022, Mike leads teams in analyzing each real estate disposition, acquisition and financing opportunity from the unique perspectives of buyer, seller and lender. This allows Mike to craft strategies that optimize results and enhance returns for his clients.
Mike is a repeat recipient of Avison Young's Circle of Excellence award. Notable transactions include the disposition of Collin Creek Mall in Plano Texas, debt financing for the $90M Marriott Watters Creek Hotel and Convention Center in Allen, Texas, and over 400 acres of highly coveted development parcels in the Austin, Dallas and Frisco Texas markets. D CEO Magazine has consistently awarded Mike the DCEO Power Broker award for creating outstanding transactions and providing leadership in the real estate community.
Prior to joining Avison Young, Mike was a founding principal of BOKA Powell, leading teams in creating award-winning planning solutions for office campus, hotel, multifamily, student housing and mixed-use opportunities. Mike also led relocation and expansion strategies for technology, banking and law firm clients in Dallas, Austin, Washington D.C., Chicago and London. Projects include the Omni Hotel Dallas, W Hotel Austin and numerous corporate campus projects. He is a frequent contributor to ICSC RECON, NAIOP, Urban Land Institute, TREC, Dallas Regional Chamber and The Lodging Conference. Mike is a frequent guest writer for D CEO magazine and has been a contributor to The Wall Street Journal, GlobeStreet and numerous other publications.
Areas of Expertise:
- Land – seller and buyer representation, research
- Investment sales
- Capital raise: debt, equity and mezzanine financing
- Multifamily, Build to Rent and Single-Family land acquisitions
- Transaction management, due diligence, financial analysis
- Redevelopment strategies for retail mall and mixed-use properties
- Negotiation of public-private partnership (PPP) incentives for hotel and conference center projects
- Development sponsorship
- Hotel brand evaluation and negotiation
“Brokerage Plus” Strategies:
- Representing property owners who are interested in development planning and disposition strategies that enhance market value and velocity
- Partnering with property owners and investors to finance and develop hotel, office and multifamily projects
- Aligning with investors to acquire existing office and medical office properties for renovation, repositioning and disposition
- University of Virginia, Masters in American Urbanism
- University of Texas, Arlington, Bachelor of Science, Architecture
- Urban Land Institute
- Dallas Regional Chamber
- The Lodging Conference