Rupert started his career in London on the graduate training scheme of Edward Erdman and then Knight Frank where he specialised in office agency. After 10 years Rupert moved to Knight Frank’s Manchester office as Head of Office. Since then he has been focused on Manchester and the North West in general, working for Donaldson’s (now Cushman and Wakefield), Colliers International and subsequently Avison Young (formerly WHR Property Consultants LLP). He has worked with a variety of public and private clients involving a full range of services from development, leasing, acquisition and asset management. Over his 34 years in business notable projects include:
- The 165,000 sq. ft. headquarters acquisition of 101 Embankment, Manchester on behalf of Swinton Insurance Group.
- Purchase of Elizabeth Gaskell Campus (5.4 acres) on behalf of Nuffield Healthcare for a new ‘state of the art’ private hospital.
- The letting of Exchange Quay, Salford Quays – 532,000 sq. ft. on behalf of private investors.
- The launch and marketing of 154 acre Liverpool International Business Park with initial pre-sale of 55 acres to Avato Birtlesmann for a UK production facility, acting on behalf of Peel Developments.
- The acquisition and subsequent partial re-letting of 156,000 sq. ft. in 3 identical buildings at Central Park Manchester on behalf of Fujitsu Services Ltd.
Rupert is currently running the Manchester Office Agency Team and has experience in growing and managing teams as well as entire offices. He is respected and known for his integrity as well loyalty to clients and colleagues.
Affiliations et certifications
BSc (Hons) MRICS