Mark is President of Avison Young Canada. He is a Founding Principal and has 30 years of history with the Company. A Principal since 1989, he became Chief Operating Officer, Canadian Operations in July 2015. Prior to being promoted to that position, he was Managing Director of the company’s Eastern Canada and Ontario operations following a 14-year tenure as Managing Director of Avison Young’s Ontario offices. Fieder joined Avison Young in 1989 upon receiving a Bachelor of Arts Honours Degree in Urban Development from Western University in Ontario, in 1984. Mark serves on the Global Leadership Committee as well as the Executive Committee which together with the Board of Directors contributes to the strategic direction and growth at Avison Young’s Canadian and Global Platform.
As President, he is a strategic executive responsible for overseeing a comprehensive portfolio of global real estate services, focused primarily on the delivery of excellence that leads to growth of the organization. He contributes to the development of AY’s strategic goals and objectives as well as the overall management of the organization. He also leads the market’s teams in managing real estate and provides executive level gravitas to assist in closing of relevant large transactions. Recruiting the next generation of leadership and revenue generators to continuously expand the platform of the Company into additional markets, adding service lines in existing markets, and facilitating merger/acquisition targets to closing, are few of his primary roles. Mark is a leader and champion of the unique and strong culture of the organization on a national level. He promotes a culture of, high performance, collaborative cross-functional teams, continuous learning and high standards for quality. He is, innovative, with a vision of the future of the Company; has strong leadership and mentoring skills with the ability to inspire people to action through their influence.
Affiliations et certifications
- Board Member of NAIOP Greater Toronto Chapter (2009 to 2011)
- Member NAIOP Greater Toronto Chapter
- Member of the Ontario Real Estate Association, Canadian Real Estate Association and the Toronto Real Estate Board
- Registered “Broker of Record” Real Estate Council of Ontario
- Registered Mortgage Broker, Financial Services Commission of Ontario
- Avison Young Commercial Real Estate (Ontario) Inc is a registered licensed mortgage brokerage of the Financial Services Commission of Ontario. Brokerage license number 10637
Education and Designations
- B.A. (Honours) Urban Development, Western University (1984) The Urban Development Program is an intensive yet balanced undergraduate education with emphasis on Advanced Urban Development, Spatial Statistics, Economic Geography, Housing, Land Use and Development Planning, GIS, Real Estate Law, Land Use Law, Urban Politics, Finance, Management and Cost Accounting, Real Estate Feasibility Analysis and Urban Governance
- Executive Program in Leadership, York University, Division of Executive Development, Schulich School of Business (2002)
- Past Board Member of the Freestyle Ontario Skiing Association (2005 to 2007)
- Past President, Board Member and Coach, the York Mills Hockey Club (1997 to 2007)
- Continuous involvement in several charity organizations and events over the past 25 years
Mark’s passion is to provide client solutions and as such continues to lead many of our large account teams, ensuring our clients receive all of the resources Avison Young has to offer. Prior to his corporate role, for 15 years Mark was one of Avison Young’s top professionals specializing in corporate real estate assignments, regionally, nationally and internationally. With over 26 years of commercial real estate experience, Mark has been involved in billions of dollars of real estate transaction work in both leasing and investment.