Our global net zero strategy
We have focused our attention on capturing data and putting in place better data collection processes and software to capture consumption data relating to our buildings. In scope is data for 110 locations across our global portfolio, we occupy all buildings under lease from building owners.
A summary of initiatives undertaken in 2022 to support our net zero strategy since launching our commitment a year ago, include:
- Introduction of a sustainability data platform, Measurabl, in North America, which has improved data collection, quality and reporting.
- Consolidating office space when moving locations to match occupancy requirements and through better utilization of space.
- Developing a global occupancy standard to govern the building search and selection, design and fit out and ongoing operation of our workplaces.
In the near term, we plan to:
- Onboard a new travel system with improved carbon emissions tracking and behavioural prompts to encourage low-carbon travel. This will enable tracking of our Scope 3 travel emissions globally.
- Measure occupancy of our workplaces to understand utilization patterns and to improve energy efficiency e.g. adjusting heating and cooling demands where technology allows.
- Understand and record renewable energy tariffs globally – directly procured and where the building owner procures it on behalf of tenants.
- Introduce green clauses to improve data sharing from landlords.
- Apply our occupancy standard to relocation and office moves or lease renewals.