Questions for providers
How do I compete?
What is the ideal customer profile? Some factors to consider:
How does the practice operate?
How will the practice incorporate telehealth?
- Basic demographics (age, gender, ethnicity, income)
- Payor type (private insurance vs. Medicare/Medicaid)
- Underlying health issues (obesity, diabetes, active vs. sedentary, etc.)
- Market saturation – how well are consumers already being served?
- General strategy (scale, geography, hospital affiliation, insurance network, etc.)
- Reimbursement model (capitated vs. fee-for-service)
- Employment model (employment vs. ownership)
- Specialization model (referral vs. multi-specialty)
- Type and percentage of visits
- Local vs. extended geographic range of customers
- Remote work capability of administrative staff
What other healthcare organizations will complement?
Location & occupancy
Where should the practice be?
Buildout & configuration
What should the space look like?
- Hospitals, surgery centers, PT/rehab, pharmacies, diagnostics, labs, etc.
- Related specialties – nearby, adjacent, or collocated?
- Retail amenities (restaurants, shops, etc.)
- On- vs. off-campus
- Lease vs. own
- Transit-oriented vs. drivable
- Retail conversion, new development, etc.
- Health (touchless features, natural light, air quality, etc.)
- Customer experience (wayfinding, comfort, fit/finish, etc.)
- Technology (telehealth setup, online check-in to minimize waiting time and space, etc.)