One year on
In our 2021 report, we launched our first global Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy. This set the scene for us to take a longer-term view of how economic, social and environmental factors intersect with our business, the built environment and our clients.
With any new global approach, the foundational elements are so important. Across the business we have been taking stock of where we are and building in accountability for our key priorities on material issues.
Alongside embedding our strategy, we continue to publish leading-edge insights and offer innovative, differentiated services to our clients.
We invest in industry partnerships, advocacy and contributing our expertise to shape best practice.
In this report, we are pleased to share a transparent look back at our journey, hearing from our people about the local transformations and global impact we’re creating every day, as well as the opportunities and challenges we’ve faced along the way.
Here’s what we’ve been up to in 2022:
- Defined our governance structure and refined our enterprise risk assessment process
- Introduced policies and standards for the design and occupation of our workplaces
- Set short, medium and long term global objectives and targets and defined internal and external KPIs to drive action
- Built partnerships with city leaders to support strategic initiatives and participated in a range of industry groups including World Economic Forum, Real Estate Roundtable, RealPac, British Property Federation, Green Building Councils
- Conducted our second global employee engagement survey
- Increased engagement and participation in our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
We provide a range of strategic, professional and technical services to our clients, with a focus on creating real, positive impact where possible. Whether that’s a direct impact through the facilities and assets we manage on behalf of our clients, or as an advisor influencing decision makers and other participants, planning regeneration schemes or helping to shape place-based projects.
To us, real estate presents a tangible opportunity to move the dial on what are ostensibly interconnected economic, social and environmental challenges, demonstrate progress toward future success and create longstanding value for people and the planet.