Ted Simpson has transacted business in more than 20 US states and several foreign countries. He began his real estate career in 1988 as a financial analyst with Coldwell Banker (now CBRE). In 1994, John C. Cushman, III selected him to join a small group of highly skilled tenant representation brokers at the national boutique, Cushman Realty Corporation, which was sold to Cushman & Wakefield (“C&W”) in 2001.
At C&W, Mr. Simpson was a perennial member of the Chairman’s Circle - a designation reserved for the firm’s highest producers - achieving the honor every year from 2000 through 2012. In 2005, he was named a “Power Broker” by Real Estate Forum Magazine. In 2011, he represented Illumina in the largest lease on record in San Diego. In 2013, Mr. Simpson became the Managing Director for the downtown Los Angeles Avison Young office.
He lives in Palos Verdes Estates with his wife and two children.
- Avison Young Circle of Excellence: 2013 – 2017
- Cushman & Wakefield Chairman’s Circle: 2000 – 2012
- KPMG: 2017 Real Estate Symposium
- Continuing Legal Education (CLE): Conference on Office Leasing
- USC Marshall School of Business: Lecturer: Leases and Purchase Agreements
- National Instructor CoreNet Global: Basic Corporate Real Estate Finance course
- Cushman & Wakefield National Symposium: Negotiating the Lease Document
- Keefe Bruyette & Woods Bank Investor Conference: Southern California Real Estate Market
- Risk Managers Association: Southern California Real Estate Market
- California Bankers Association: Southern California Real Estate Market
- Western independent Bankers Association: Troubled Asset Forum, Spring & Fall 2009
- CoreNet Global
- Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- Providence Little Company of Mary Foundation: Board of Trustees
- Peninsula Education Foundation: Finance Committee Chair
- Toberman Neighborhood Center: Board Member
- UCLA Anderson School of Management: Ziman Center for Real Estate: Sustaining Board Member
Mr. Simpson received his BA from Vanderbilt University. He holds CoreNet Global’s Master of Corporate Real Estate (MCR) designation.
800 S. Figueroa Street, Suite 1050
Los Angeles, CA