Scott A. Singer is Principal and Co-Lead of Avison Young’s Tri-State Debt & Equity Finance team and a member of Avison Young's U.S. Capital Markets Executive Committee.
Prior to joining Avison Young, Scott was President of The Singer & Bassuk Organization. He has arranged more than $10 billion of construction and permanent debt and equity financing on behalf of highly regarded New York City-based real estate family offices, developers, and institutional owners. Some of Scott’s major projects in New York City include The Crown Building at 730 Fifth Avenue, multiple assets in the Brooklyn Navy Yard, One Seaport Plaza (three times), MetLife Plaza in Long Island City, The Mark Hotel, 110 East 59th Street, 1700 Broadway (twice), 75 Wall Street (twice), and 636 11th Avenue (twice).
Scott’s financing experience includes tens of thousands of multi-family and condo units, and tens of millions of square feet of commercial and retail space. Scott is also an active real estate investor and has led multiple investment entities which have invested LP and Co-GP equity in transactions operated by his active clients.
Scott has won the Real Estate Board of New York’s Most Ingenious Finance Deal of the Year twice, once in 2016 for sub-leasehold financing at the Brooklyn Navy Yard, and once in 2013 for construction financing of Muss Development’s 50 Oceana Drive West in Brighton Beach.
A recognized thought leader in the industry, Scott has appeared on CNBC’s “Power Lunch” and published articles and columns in Commercial Observer, Real Estate New York, Real Estate New Jersey, Real Estate Weekly and others. He is a guest speaker for several organizations including Cornell University’s School of Hotel Administration and Baker Program in Real Estate.
- Real Estate Board of New York
- Commercial Division – Board of Directors
- Education Task Force - Chair
- Real Estate Finance Committee – past Chair
- Real Estate and Allied Trades Division of UJA-Federation of New York
- Board of Directors – past member
- REX – honoree and past Chair
- Israel Bonds Real Estate & Allied Industries - Israel Peace Medal Award Recipient
- Avison Young U.S. Capital Markets Group - Executive Committee
- Cornell University Center for Real Estate & Finance's Real Estate Professionals in Residence (REP) program
- Cornell University, BA - Government