Robert Lipman has more than 25 years of commercial real estate appraisal and consulting experience in Alberta, as well as out-of-province assignments in British Columbia, Northwest Territories and Saskatchewan. He became a Principal with Avison Young in April of 2016 following 26 years (1990 – 2016) as a Partner and Principal with Linnell Taylor Lipman & Associates Ltd. Robert has extensive expertise in Calgary's downtown office market and the appraisal of large investment-grade assets. Assignment types include appraising for financing, general information, financial reporting purposes, legal support and general consulting. He has provided expert witness testimony in many arbitration hearings as well as before the Land Compensation Board (LCB), Assessment Review Board (ARB) and the Court of Queen’s Bench.
Mr. Lipman holds a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Guelph (1987). He completed the Appraisal Institute of Canada’s education program and achieved his AACI, P. App. designation in 1996. Robert is licensed with the Real Estate Council of Alberta (RECA) and is a member of the Alberta Expropriation Association (AEA).
Notable Appraisal and Consulting Assignments recently completed by Mr. Lipman:
- Bankers Hall Appraisal (2011) - Calgary's premier AAA office complex - 1.845 million sf in two 47 storeys and mall
- The Bow (2014) - Calgary's newest Class AAA office tower - 2.05 million sf in a 59 storey tower
- Eighth Avenue Place Appraisal (2015) - Calgary's newest AAA office complex - 2.006 million sf in a towers
- Gulf Canada Square Due Diligence (2011) - to facilitate 50% sale of this Class A, 20 storey, 1.074 million office tower
- TD Square, Canada Trust Tower & CORE Retail Mall Appraisal (2014) - Class AA office and redeveloped mall complex
- Alberta Land Compensation Board Order 471 (2010) - Expropriation representation on behalf of The City of Calgary
- Calgary Assessment Review Board (2014) - Expert witness representation on behalf of The City of Calgary
- West District Major Activity Centre (MAC) Land Feasibility Study (2014) - Completed for Truman Development Corp
Bachelor of Science degree, University of Guelph
AACI Accredited Appraiser, Appraisal Institute of Canada (AIC)
Licensed with the Real Estate Council of Alberta (RECA)
Member - Appraisal Institute of Canada (AIC)
Member - Alberta Expropriation Association (AEA)