Melissa Urena is a Senior Project Manager for Avison Young’s New York office.
With 12 years of experience, Melissa provides quality management and leadership for each project throughout all aspects of project delivery, from pre-planning, program development, site analysis (with a focus on landmark and historic district status in New York City), and selection of project teams, through design, construction, and post-occupancy. She also oversees budgeting, scheduling, and required agency permissions through effective communication. Melissa recently completed the Hall des Lumières project, which created an immersive digital experience on 2 floors of the landmarked Emigrant Savings Bank building at 49 Chambers Street.
Before joining Avison Young, Melissa worked at a boutique general contracting firm for over six years, where she was responsible for the estimating department reviewing RFPs, communicating with clients and consultants, and packaging awarded project drawings and documentation for distribution to the Purchasing and Construction teams.
- University of Delaware – Bachelor of Arts, History
- Hall des Lumières – 49-51 Chambers Street – 32,000 SF
- Hightower Advisors – 300 Madison Av and 405 Lexington Av – 45,000 SF
- Sotheby’s Gantry Point – 25-11 49th Avenue – 125,000 SF
- Endeavor – 304 Park Avenue South, 9th Fl – 18,045 SF
- Norris McLaughlin LLP – 7 Times Square - 28,000 SF
- Compass – East Coast Expansion – multiple projects in NYC, Westchester, and CT
- Professional Physical Therapy – Northeast Expansion – multiple projects in NY & NJ – 5,000 – 10,000 SF