John Kevill brings 25 years of commercial real estate industry experience in Washington, DC to Avison Young, most recently as Managing Director of Eastdil Secured. While at Eastdil, he helped develop the firm into the top performing real estate brokerage office in Metro Washington, as rated by Real Estate Alert. Prior to joining Eastdil in 2011, Kevill served for 17 years with Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), most recently as Managing Director. After assuming leadership of JLL’s capital markets team in 2003, he turned it into one of the top performing capital markets teams in Washington, again as judged by Real Estate Alert.
During his career Kevill has executed nearly $25 billion in transactions, including single-asset sales ranging in value from $4 million to $500 million and national portfolios and recapitalizations. His notable deals involving trophy-class assets in Washington have included the sale of the Evening Star Building, Bond Building, Commercial National Bank Building, Hamilton Square, Union Square, and 2099 Pennsylvania Avenue NW. He has also executed numerous other deals including a $725-million U.S. portfolio sale on behalf of Dutch REIT Wereldhave and the recapitalization of Patriots Plaza. Kevill’s clients include a broad range of private-equity firms, REITs, pension funds and their advisors, sovereign-wealth funds and global financial institutions as well as numerous private capital sources.
- Master of Business Administration, Georgetown University McDonough School of Business
- Bachelor of Arts in History, University of Virginia
- Licensed Salesperson in the District of Columbia and Virginia
Awards & Affiliations
- Two-time winner of the Deal of the Year Award presented by the Washington Business Journal
- Board Member - Habitat for Humanity of Washington, DC
- Advisory Board Member - Robert Steers Center for Global Real Estate at Georgetown
- Member - Urban Land Institute
|Woodmere I & II||
9881 and 9891 Broken Land Parkway
|Kingstowne Towne Center||
5911 Kingstowne Village Parkway
|1801 & 1803 Research Boulevard||
1801 & 1803 Research Boulevard