George Gnad is a Principal in the Debt & Equity department at Avison Young’s New Jersey office. Having previously served as a Director at Cushman Wakefield Capital Services, Mr. Gnad is one of the real estate lending industry’s most viable assets. He will bring over two decades of experience as a front-line portfolio lender and advisor to Avison Young.
Mr. Gnad has originated and structured debt on all major assets types and loan structures including bridge, value add, construction and term debt. Previously, Mr. Gnad spent over two decades as a frontline portfolio lender, gaining vast real estate lending / advisory experience. Earlier, he was Head of US Real Estate at Bayern LB, a major German real estate bank. In this role, he was responsible for managing a team of 20 banking professionals
who originated over $6 billion of commercial mortgages during his tenure. Most recently, Mr. Gnad was a Managing Director for a boutique real estate advisory firm in New York, where he raised both debt and equity for his real estate clients. Over the course of his storied career, George held positions at TD Bank, DG Hyp, Westdeutsche ImmobilienBank, and HypoVereinsbank.
- Masters of Business Administration in Finance, Seton Hall University
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Baruch College
- Urban Land Institute NJ Sponsorship Chair
- SilkLofts Bayonne, Doug Stern - $22 Million Term Loan
- Blackstone 360, 141 South Harrison - $19.5 Million Term Loan
- Blackstone 360, 315 South Harrison - $24 Million Construction Loan
- Arena Capital, North Lauderdale, F: - $4.5 Million LP Equity