Michael Gottlieb joined Avison Young in the New York office in April 2012 as a Principal specializing in transaction management. During his more than 30-year career, Gottlieb has established a track record of success for his clients, completing millions of square feet of transactions valued in billions of dollars. He has participated in all aspects of the real estate business, including property management, tenant representation, landlord agency, capital market transactions and the structuring of joint ventures.
Gottlieb was named Avison Young New York’s Brokerage Professional of the Year in 2015, and was its top producing office broker for 2015, 2016 and 2017. He also served as chair of the Real Estate Board of New York’s (REBNY) sub-committee to update the organization’s Code of Ethics and Professional Practices.
Prior to joining Avison Young, Gottlieb was Vice Chairman of Transaction Services at Grubb & Ellis (now Newmark Knight Frank) in New York. Prior to his 14 years at Grubb & Ellis, he was a Senior Managing Director at Insignia/ESG (now CBRE). His vast experience also includes financing, workouts, lease auditing, development of financial models for transaction analysis and general counsel responsibilities for a private investment portfolio.
- Admitted to New York State Bar
- Member of Real Estate Board of New York (REBNY)
- REBNY Board of Directors, Commercial Brokerage Division – 2011-2013
- NASD Series 6, 7 &27 Licenses (inactive)
Leadership Awards & Recognition
- Connect Media Top Broker Award – 2018
- Avison Young Circle of Excellence – 2015, 2016, 2017
- Avison Young Largest Sale Transaction Award – 2016
- Grubb & Ellis Circle of Excellence – 2002-2005, 2007-2011
- Grubb & Ellis Company Broker Leadership Board
- Grubb & Ellis New York Steering Committee
- NAIOP New Jersey Chapter “Deal of the Year” Finalist – 2005
Education and Designations
- Brooklyn Law School – Juris Doctor
- New York University – B.S., Managerial Accounting
|Paramount Building|| |
New York, NY
|275 Seventh Avenue|| |
275 Seventh Avenue
New York, NY