Junior Associate (Sales Representative)
Who Are We?
Avison Young is the world's fastest-growing commercial real estate services firm. Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, Avison Young is a collaborative, global firm owned and operated by its principals. Recognized as a platinum winner of the "Canada's Best Managed Companies" designation, we look forward to continuing to achieve this recognition for the 8th consecutive year.
Who Are You?
You are an ambitious, intelligent and talented individual seeking a dynamic career in commercial real estate.
Why Avison Young?
At Avison Young, our culture is the key to our unique approach to commercial real estate services. We invest in our people and provide specialized training and workshops, enabling Avison Young's personnel to offer superior services to our clients. Above all, we emphasize collaboration that leverages our resources, expertise and intellectual capital to best serve each client.
Avison Young Waterloo Region is currently seeking a Sales Representative to join our growing team in Cambridge, Ontario. Whether you are newly licensed or are currently pursuing your real estate license, this is an exciting opportunity to pursue a dynamic and rewarding career in commercial real estate. Through our Junior Associate Program you will gain industry experience from our qualified mentors - experts in their field - who impart their practical experience while continually acting as a knowledge-base as you start out in your commercial real estate career.
- Demonstrate understanding of professional commercial real estate transaction services related to selling, leasing and marketing of commercial real estate properties
- Prepare proposals, listing materials, offers, transaction documentation, and reports
- Coordinate signage for listings
- Prepare space surveys for clients
- Coordinate and conduct tours with clients
- Cold calling
- Develop, maintain and grow contact database
- Actively engage in networking and client relationship management skills to proactively identify business opportunities and establish relationships
- Build a detailed, personal knowledge of the Southwestern Ontario commercial real estate market (i.e. property types, building classes, zoning, rail access, lease and sale comparables)
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong sales background, an asset
- Ambitious self-starters with a high degree of self-confidence and motivation, who thrive in a collaborative, team-based environment
- Completion of OREA license or in progress, an asset
- Experienced and educated individuals with a strong desire to pursue a high performance career
- Creative, straight-forward thinkers who seek out and embrace new challenges
- Good overall business acumen, strong values and integrity
- An ability to set and achieve realistic goals
- Proficient with applicable software programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Excellent communication and networking skills
What We Offer
- High income potential - uncapped commission structure
- Ongoing training and professional development opportunities
- Full time administrative support staff
- Possible paid salary while pursuing OREA license
- Other perks like team social events and outings, contests and prizes
- Our Junior Associate Program - an opportunity to learn from the industry's best
- Not to mention, as part of the fastest growing commercial real estate company in the world, you will have access to a wide network of industry leaders as you grow in your commercial real estate career
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. While we appreciate all responses, please be advised that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our Equal Opportunity Commitment
Avison Young practices as an equal opportunity employer in all services locations around the world. We are committed to building and maintaining a workforce diverse in experience, skills and knowledge with uniformity in service excellence, commitment and integrity.
The firm maintains a strict policy to ensure employment opportunities are equal and do not discriminate based on race, colour, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, protected veteran or military service status, or any other elements protected by the law.
For those requiring assistance with disabilities, information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Avison Young is committed to employing the best talent with the most fair and equitable recruitment practices. Apply with us TODAY!