Who Are We?
Avison Young is the world’s fastest-growing full-service commercial real estate services firm. Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, Avison Young is a collaborative, global firm owned and operated by its principals.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Global Treasurer will be Avison Young’s corporate treasury leader responsible for overseeing and directing Avison Young’s global treasury function including capital structure and strategy, banking relationships, cash management, hedging and debt compliance.
- Steward for the company’s financial assets including overall leadership of capital structure, cash management and liquidity, debt management, hedging and investment management functions
- Directs the development and revision of financial policies for capital structure, working capital, treasury operations, foreign exchange and interest rate risk management and related risk management
- Directs capital markets, borrowing, investing, foreign exchange, treasury operations, financial risk management and corporate finance initiatives
- Collaborate with internal functions (Legal, Accounting/Finance, Tax, Strategy and the business) along with outside advisors coordinating to ensure all treasury considerations are properly reflected in structuring, negotiations and execution of transactions
- Develops and monitors cash forecasting and liquidity
- Drafts presentations for the executive management and the Board on key financial events, trends, concerns, and assessment of financial position and liquidity
- Develops and maintains internal controls designed to safeguard financial assets and the integrity of the company’s financial reporting
- Develop and grow effective banking relationships
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 10 + years of senior treasury experience with global companies (U.S., Canada and UK)
- Experience collaborating with internal and external advisers on complex treasury matters
- Ability to partner with senior business leaders and explain technical concepts to colleagues without a technical treasury background
- Sufficient technical background and experience to provide treasury advice across existing and future growth geographies
- Significant track record with managing complex treasury operations (recapitalizations, refinancing, structuring, FX/interest rate hedging)
- Real estate experience preferred
- M&A due diligence and integration experience
- Ability to identify and define problems, gather and review data, assess the alternatives, interpret the results, manage the risk, and communicate findings
- Bachelor's degree in Business/Finance/Accounting or equivalent
- MBA highly preferred
- NetSuite and Adaptive knowledge a plus
Avison Young is a collaborative, global firm owned and operated by its principals. Founded in 1978, the company comprises of more than 2,600 real estate professionals in 84 offices providing value-added, client-centric investment sales, leasing, advisory, management, financing and mortgage placement services to owners and occupiers of office, retail, industrial and multi-family properties.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
Our Equal Opportunity Commitment
Avison Young practices as an equal opportunity employer in all services locations around the world. We are committed to building and maintaining a workforce diverse in experience, skills and knowledge with uniformity in service excellence, commitment and integrity.
The firm maintains a strict policy to ensure employment opportunities are equal and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, protected veteran or military service status, or any other elements protected by law.
For those requiring assistance with disabilities, Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Avison Young is committed to employing the best talent with the most fair and equitable recruitment practices. Apply with us TODAY!
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.