Reporting to: Director, GTA Client Services
Avison Young is in search of a proactive, supportive, and highly organized multi-tasker to be the Administrative Assistant to our high-achieving team of real estate professionals based in Mississauga. The Administrative Assistant will work to ensure smooth work flow while supporting the demands of a very busy and multi-tasking team. Day-to-day tasks tend to change constantly and the ability to flexibly adapt to a fast-paced environment is key. The Administrative Assistant needs to be highly pro-active, resourceful and well-organized.
- Work closely with the Client Services team, Sales Representatives, and Office Administrator on various initiatives and special projects
- Assist Client Services team in the creation, editing, and production of business documentation and presentations using MS Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite
- Organize and maintain company contact databases using Salesforce/Apto CRM.
- Proofread documents for spelling, grammar and layout making appropriate changes; responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy
- Prepare, print, and bind any necessary materials or documentation for meetings
- Handle correspondence and communications in a highly confidential and professional manner.
- Reception coverage as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential task at an above average level. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Experience in real estate administration
- Advanced knowledge and efficient use of business suite computer programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Intermediate knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Acrobat) is an asset
- Experience using Salesforce CRM
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret and create general business documentation
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and format presentations
- Excellent and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent proofreading and editing skills
- Ability to multi-task, utilize effective time management skills, and be able to recognize and respond to time sensitive issues and tasks
- Possess characteristic traits of independent thinking, self-starting initiative while working well in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure with multiple timelines and with limited direction/supervision
- Ability to maintain discretion regarding personnel and industry-related matters
- A positive attitude, always seeking to better our team, reaching out to bring greater value
If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter in confidence to Human Resources by simply applying online.
While we appreciate all responses, please be advised that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.