Avison Young Real Estate Management Services has an immediate opening for an experienced Property Manager with expertise in the management of a mixed-use portfolio. This position oversees a portfolio of retail, office and industrial properties located primarily throughout the GTA. A valid Drivers’ License and vehicle is required for this position.
As the successful candidate for this position, you will develop and maintain an environment that recognizes the ultimate importance of the Tenant, as well as your Team in providing exceptional service levels to clients and strategic partners.
- Oversee the ongoing management and operation of an extensive retail, office and industrial portfolio throughout the GTA, including staff and contractor supervision, tendering of operating contracts, and preparation of annual operating and capital budgets
- Where applicable, be the liaison with outside brokers on the leasing of vacant space
- Coordinate the preparation of lease documentation for all new and renewal leasing
- As required, coordinate the build out of tenant and capital improvements
- Ensure all aspects of tenant lease administration, rent collection and day to day administrative operations are maintained and executed on a timely basis
- Maintain regular communication with senior management and owner’s representatives including preparation and maintenance of monthly management and financial reporting on a wide range of matters.
- Ensure all corporate policies and procedures are effectively communicated and implemented
- Ongoing communication with staff, tenants, contractors, support personnel, leasing agents, senior management and owner’s representatives
- Effectively develop and maintain strong Tenant Relations through regular interaction, property visitations and property inspections
- Implement and carryout owner asset programs and property inspections
- Provide guidance and direction to your team to ensure client and tenant satisfaction
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the management of retail, office and industrial properties
- University degree or post-secondary education, real estate related designation or equivalent industry experience
- Strong knowledge of building structures, operating systems and physical plant maintenance
- Site development and project management experience an asset
- Working knowledge of legislation which impacts commercial real estate
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of budgeting principles and processes
- Sound knowledge of leasing principles and strategies
- Management skills relating to leadership, performance management, employee relations and tenant relations
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge in accounting procedures and account reconciliation
- Well developed interpersonal skills including oral and written communication
- Exceptional organization skills, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task with multiple projects and deadlines
- Solid computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Access
- Experience with Yardi Voyager a definite asset
Competitive salary and benefits package offered for the right candidate with the right skills and experience.
If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter stating salary expectations. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.