Senior Executive Assistant
Job Title: Senior Executive Assistant
Reports To: Managing Director
Date: December 18, 2018
Senior Executive Assistant
An exciting opportunity exists to work with the Management Team at Avison Young in Vancouver. The role combines daily administrative support to the Managing Director and involves a dynamic autonomous role in sustaining office functions and practices. The successful candidate must possess strong leadership and task management skills, exhibit excellent organizational skills, demonstrate a keen eye for detail, combined with a passion for learning and self-improvement.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum 3 years’ experience. The candidate must maintain a valid Canadian citizenship or landed immigrant status. The responsibilities listed below are representative but not limited to the knowledge, skill and/or ability required:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist with the many of the administrative obligations of the Managing Director
- Act as a bridge between staff and management
- Ability to prepare and review reports, business correspondence and presentations
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret and create general business documentation
- Play a role in enhancing work culture, consensus building and internal communications
- Assist in hiring initiatives including recruitment and preparation of employee contracts
- Assist in the tracking of employee time off
- Ability to take and draft meeting minutes
- Liaise between the Company and the RECBC/REBGV
- Review and negotiate business related contracts
- Identify strategies for creating or improving processes and procedures to improve corporate performance
- Organize and play a role in various training initiatives
- Exercise good judgment and make decisions to promote smooth workflow and ensure demands are met
- Cross-train with the other administrative staff in order to occasionally cover other positions as needed
- Organize staff events and charitable initiatives
Qualifications / Required Skills
- University degree/diploma with a preferred major in real estate, business or finance and/or minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar capacity
- Excellent command of English - written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to multi-task, utilize effective time management skills, and be able to recognize and respond to time sensitive issues and tasks
- In-depth knowledge of the administrative procedures and tools required to support an individual as well as an organization
- Demonstrate superior problem solving and judgment capabilities
- Ability to work independently and as a team
Our Equal Opportunity Commitment
Avison Young practices as an equal opportunity employer in all services locations around the world. We are committed to building and maintaining a workforce diverse in experience, skills and knowledge with uniformity in service excellence, commitment and integrity.
The firm maintains a strict policy to ensure employment opportunities are equal and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, protected veteran or military service status, or any other elements protected by law.
For those requiring assistance with disabilities, Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Avison Young is committed to employing the best talent with the most fair and equitable recruitment practices. Apply with us TODAY!
To learn more about us, please visit our website: www.avisonyoung.com