Avison Young is the world’s fastest-growing commercial real estate services firm. Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, Avison Young is a collaborative, global firm owned and operated by its principals. Founded in 1978, the company comprises 2,700 real estate professionals in 85 offices, providing value-added, client-centric investment sales, leasing, advisory, management, financing and mortgage placement services to owners and occupiers of office, retail, industrial and multi-family and hospitality properties.
Our Opportunity -
We are currently seeking a Construction Manager in Oakland, CA. The Construction Manager reports to the General Manager and or Property Manager and is responsible for project organization, interpretation of lease terms and project plans, oversight of monitor performance of contracted consultants, architects and contractors, performs project management duties as required, represents ownership and maximizes revenues to the company and benefits to ownership.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide clear and consistent advice and guidance to the General Manager and or Property Manager, the Property’s Asset Manager, Architect, Leasing and Tenants for their needs in the Design and Construction processes. Provide clear and consistent guidance in project organization, value engineering, and coordination with consultants and construction vendors. Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of area of responsibility.
- Abstract, review, Lease Work Agreement, ensuring that all trades adhere to this Agreement, especially with respect to costs, timelines, and change orders.
- Strategize with the General Manager and or Property Manager on the most effective way to structure projects to minimize the impact on the building a staff, optimize end results, and maximize revenues to the company and benefits to Ownership.
- Identify and qualify Architectural and Construction vendors and maintain ongoing relationships.
- Assist the General Manager and or Property Manager with development of the buildings’ annual budget for capital work and 5-year plus plans completing all work in an accurate and timely manner.
- Manage and ensure the timely, complete and accurate application of approved procedures.
- Provide clear and constructive input to simplify, improve and update the Standard Operating Policies and Procedures for overseeing Architectural & Construction Projects on an ongoing basis.
- Maintain current and complete construction “job cost” reporting programs and approve invoices according to company procedures in a timely manner.
- Provide oversight of construction activities throughout the building. Monitor the progress of projects; verify documentation and requests for disbursements and coordinate with the General Manager and or Project Manager for payment ensuring project goals are met within budget and within designated timeframes.
- Effectively coordinate with the General Manager and or Property Manager to facilitate project closeout and the final disbursement of funds.
- Provide a qualified resource to Ownership in the development of standardized and specific Lease language to reflect Architectural and Construction requirements to achieve Ownership’s goals.
- Provide the General Manager and or Property Manager with the timely and complete review of the Tenant’s architect’s plans, specifications, construction documents and evaluation of compliance with building standard specifications.
- Assist the General Manager and or Property Manager in addressing the impact of projects on the building and achieve resolution of issues affecting Ownership.
- Provide the General Manager and or Property Manager with qualified review of the Tenant’s contractors’ qualifications, project document (Insurance, Schedules, Permits, etc.) and performance within established timeframes.
While we appreciate all responses, please be advised that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.