about avison young
Avison Young is the world’s fastest-growing commercial real estate services firm. Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, Avison Young is a collaborative, global firm owned and operated by its principals. Founded in 1978, the company comprises more than 2,600 real estate professionals in 84 offices, providing value-added, client-centric investment sales, leasing, advisory, management, financing and mortgage placement services to owners and occupiers of office, retail, industrial and multi-family properties. Avison Young has five offices throughout the Tri-State region in New Jersey (North & Central), Manhattan, Long Island and Fairfield County/Westchester County.
The New Jersey and New York offices are looking for a Marketing Manager to support the business development and sales initiatives of the firm’s Leasing and Project Management professionals. This position will reside in the firm’s Morristown, New Jersey office and will report daily to the Avison Young Project Management Managing Director in that office and administratively to the Tri-State Senior Marketing Director. In addition, the Marketing Manager will make periodic visits to Avison Young’s Manhattan office. The preferred candidate will have 7-10 years of directly relevant experience in the service industry (preferably real estate but not essential) along with a demonstrable record of accomplishment and success around the following key aspects of this position:
- Working with management and sales professionals to develop marketing plans in support of strategic plans
- Establishing campaigns and associated collateral materials that further enhance AY’s brand equity, effectively communicating the firm’s unique value proposition
- Writing task specific copy for marketing materials, internal/external communications, promotional items, sales pitch documents, RFPs, proposals, case studies, press releases, white papers, client testimonials, by-lined articles, web content, and special projects as needed
- Proficiency with all aspects of social media as they relate to branding, business development and sales
- Expertise in exploring and implementing creative uses of advanced technologies (VR, cloud-based file sharing)
- The selective preparation and coordination of promotional materials and strategies for relevant industry related events
- Interface with the firm’s local PR agency when newsworthy leasing transactions or project management assignments occur
- Collaboration with the PR agency to distribute press releases as appropriate
- Coordination with the local PR agency to identify and arrange speaking and interview opportunities
Our Equal Opportunity Commitment
Avison Young practices as an equal opportunity employer in all services locations around the world. We are committed to building and maintaining a workforce diverse in experience, skills and knowledge with uniformity in service excellence, commitment and integrity.
The firm maintains a strict policy to ensure employment opportunities are equal and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, protected veteran or military service status, or any other elements protected by law.
For those requiring assistance with disabilities, Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Avison Young is committed to employing the best talent with the most fair and equitable recruitment practices.