The Avison Young Associate Program offers one of the most effective training and support initiatives in the industry. It has been designed to provide Associates with the skills necessary to become professional commercial real estate sales/leasing representatives. The Associate is gradually introduced to a variety of situations he/she will be required to handle professionally and competently once he/she becomes a salesperson. The educational and licensing courses provide the Associate with the basic tools required to be a licensed real estate agent, while the knowledge of Avison Young’s highly experienced Principals, management and senior staff will provide the necessary environment and mentoring to enable the Associate to become a knowledgeable, professional and successful Avison Young real estate negotiator.
We are looking for intelligent, assertive, ambitious and talented people who want a dynamic career in commercial real estate sales and leasing. Associates should possess the attitude and skills necessary to become successful commercial real estate sales representatives. These attributes include being sales-oriented, motivated, dedicated, ethical, highly energetic, and confident under pressure while also possessing strong financial and analytical skills.
- Enrolled in NSAR licensing program an asset
- Recent post-secondary graduates or individuals who exhibit a strong desire to pursue a high performance career
- Good overall business acumen, strong values and integrity
- Sale orientated with solid understanding of business development
- Creative, straight-forward thinkers who seek out and embrace new challenges
- Team player who can work independently
- Ambitious self-starters with a high degree of self-confidence and motivation
- An ability to set realistic goals and exceed them
- Excellent Communication and Networking Skills
- Verbal – In person and Phone skills
- Comfortable in a computerized environment
- Strong knowledge of MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience using CRMs – Salesforce, Apto,
- Solid online research capabilities
Description of Duties and Responsibilities
The following are some of the major tasks to be performed by Associates during their 12 months in the Associate Program:
- Assisting Senior Sales Representatives
- The Associate will report to a Senior Principal/Sales Representative and will aid in various capacities, including preparation of proposals, market surveys and participating in tours of the listings.
- New Business Development
- The Associate will be involved in cold calling, networking and prospecting for new business under the direction of the mentor.
- The Associate will become involved with preparing various detailed financial analysis, Net Present Values, as well as assessing and reviewing leases, proposals, building valuations, market trends, tenant rolls, etc.
- As part of Avison Young’s responsibility to market properties either for lease or for sale, the Associate will be active in preparing “Particulars of Sale” - designing brochures and marketing packages, and organizing various advertising campaigns.
- Assisting Salespeople And the Company
- The Associate will assist other Avison Young personnel in meeting the Company’s needs as required and only where the Manager and Senior Sales representative approve such assistance.
- Market Reports
- Gathering and preparing all necessary information and particulars for Avison Young’s market reports which are completed on a regular schedule.
- Regular Morning Meetings
- The Associate will attend all meetings as required. Associates are to report on media articles and other current information pertaining to the real estate market.
- Knowledge of Buildings, Owners, Tenants
- During the Associate’s training period, he/she should become familiar with all of the buildings/properties as appropriate, as well as with the major commercial projects in the suburban areas.
- Required Educational Courses
- The Associate will be required to be enrolled in the necessary licensing course through the Nova Scotia Real Estate Association before their term as an Associate. Avison Young encourages all sales people and Associates to enhance their knowledge in real estate through optional courses.
- Avison Young’s Information Systems
- The Associate will have an active role in helping with Avison Young’s expanding CRM system. The Associate will be required to work with computer spreadsheets to perform day to day financial analysis as well as become proficient with our real estate valuation, mapping and research programs. Avison Young also maintains a real estate CRM database program to track activities of office buildings and tenants within Halifax. The Associate will be responsible for assisting in the maintenance of this database.