Assistant Property Manager
The Assistant Property Manager reports to the Property Manager/Senior Property Manager and supports the manager in all aspects of the management for the assigned portfolio. The individual in this position will assist and support with the operations and financial responsibilities of the portfolio. Relationship building with all tenants to quickly solve tenant problems that may arise and managing tenant satisfaction in efforts to ensure a high level of tenant retention.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains a strong relationship with regular interaction with Property Owners to ensure that objectives are being met.
- Supports the planning, budgeting and control of operating and capital expenditures. Administer and assist in the preparation of annual budgets, forecasts, monthly reports, and variance reports.
- Supervise and assist with accounts receivable and accounts payable, including collection of rent, accruals, payment of expenses, common area maintenance estimates, true-ups, reconciliations, compliance with lease terms, and preparation of all related documentation.
- Responds to tenant requests and needs and coordinates with Property Management and Building Staff Teams to resolve the issues.
- Oversee in the selection and performance of vendor services, including preparation of request for proposals and service agreements. Monitor vendor performance to ensure compliance and standards established in the service agreement are being met.
- Responsible for scheduling and facilitating maintenance with vendors and tenants.
- Perform property inspections on a regular basis and make recommendations to maintain and enhance the asset.
- Support the compliance of property safety standards, assist in the Fire and Life Safety training, and maintain the building emergency response plans and procedures, along with its related documentation of compliance.
- Document and track all certificates of insurance from vendors and tenants.
- Maintain accurate and pertinent information for vendors and tenants.
- Prepare correspondence and memos to tenants and vendors.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with internal and external tenants and vendors.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in business, real estate, or finance
- Candidate will possess a minimum of three years related experience
- Class A Commercial Office experience preferred
- Strong understanding of financial terms and principals and have the ability to analyze and conduct complex financial and business decisions
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to express ideas clearly in written and verbal communications, with the capability to create complex financial and business related documents
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented
Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service.
Avison Young offers a competitive salary, based on experience, and an excellent benefits package which includes: medical, dental, and life insurance, 401K, paid vacation, sick and personal time.