SENIOR LEASE ADMINISTRATOR
SENIOR LEASE ADMINISTRATOR POSITION AT AVISON YOUNG
The Senior Lease Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day delivery of Lease Administration services to the assigned Client(s), being their single point of contact for these services, and accountable for all aspects of the service delivery and Client satisfaction.
Lease Abstraction and Database Management – portfolio onboarding / data validation, new and ongoing lease abstraction (LAAs and other change documents), non-legal lease interpretation, Estoppels certificates, Tenant Insurance certificates, NDA’s, ownership changes, Tenant Improvement Allowances, as well as Client specific data input, tracking, management and reporting. Landlord / Tenant relationship management and communication, lease correspondence and notices to Landlords, issues resolution and/or escalation, support and interaction on operational matters from lease obligations perspective;
AP and AR Management – monthly Rent Roll / Variance Report (payable and/or receivable), ad-hoc payment and invoicing, Landlord and supplier invoice review, validation and payment recommendation, Security deposits, Percentage Rent and CPI management, AR collections / Aging Reports and recommendations on delinquent accounts;
Lease Accounting – understanding of the basic principles and upcoming changes in Lease Accounting; data management and reporting utilizing the Lease Accounting module of the Lease Administration system;
Portfolio Reporting – build, test, generate and deliver to Client(s) the Monthly Reporting package (e.g. Critical Dates, Options, Portfolio Inventory, Remaining Obligations and others), review and revise from time to time based on Client’s requirements; ad-hoc reporting. Deliver graphical / dashboard reporting package based on the output from the Lease Administration system. With minimal IT support, from time to time customize the graphical / dashboard reporting package based on Client(s)’ requests.
Cost Control – Desk Audits: review, validation and negotiation of Landlords’ year-end statements for Operating Expenses and Realty Taxes, based on the lease provisions and industry standards; Landlords’ annual escalations. Recommend and manage the outsourced Lease Audit services, as the need may be.
Even though the role doesn’t entail direct supervisory functions, the Senior Lease Administrator supports the less experienced team members by providing some review and guidance as to the day-to-day work / lease data management, as well as sharing the knowledge, as required. The successful candidate also has proven ability to support the team leader in identification and implementation of operational efficiency improvements, and the best practices.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A seasoned Lease Administration professional with a minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience as a Lease Administrator / Senior Lease Administrator – preferably, in a Client service delivery environment
- A highly organized and motivated individual, capable of taking the responsibility of the outcome of their work, requiring very little immediate supervision
- College diploma
- Customer service oriented professional, with proven track record of impeccable Lease Administration service delivery, proactive approach to Client’s portfolio management, and issues resolution
- Good communication skills sufficient to effectively communicate with the Client and the stakeholders (Landlords, Property Managers, and others)
- Excellent working knowledge of at least two of the most well-known Lease Administration systems; demonstrated ability to quickly learn a Lease Administration system as required to service the Client(s’) portfolio(s)
- In-depth knowledge of, and experience with commercial real estate lease agreements, including the ability to interpret lease information
- Proven ability of successfully managing significant volumes of data requiring strong attention to detail and accuracy, with minimal error rate
- Proficiency with MS and other most popular applications
- Knowledge of, or familiarity with data visualization / graphical reporting software