We are currently seeking a Building Engineer for a property we manage in Clearwater. The engineer will be responsible for the installation, repair, and maintenance of mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment, machinery and related controls and components at our client's facility.
- Control the daily operation of all mechanical equipment in the physical plant and buildings.
- The building engineer is to monitor and oversee the vendors who maintain and repair the systems (i.e. fire alarm, fire sprinkler, etc.) and ensure work is completed in a satisfactory manner and meets with the service contract requirements and applicable codes.
- Monitors/maintains responsibility for tenant services, preventative maintenance, purchasing and inventory control, contracted maintenance, general maintenance and technical proficiency.
- Monitoring operation and maintaining refrigeration, water cooling and air conditioning equipment, boilers, heating, ventilating and hot water equipment, pumps, valves, piping and filters, other mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Performs and/or completes all tenant service requests accurately and expediently.
- Formulates and implements the preventative maintenance program for the building.
- Performs preventative maintenance tasks in a timely manner.
- Monitors the quality and pricing of maintenance work performed by outside contractors.
- Be able to evaluate building systems to monitor and to improve performance to operate efficiently.
- Complies with all policies and procedures established for the building.
- Ability to work long hours occasionally and some weekends.
- Acts as the on-call engineer for the facility and on occasion for other buildings in the portfolio of office buildings.
- Actively participates in emergency response procedures, technical and safety training programs.
- Perform all work using the proper safety equipment and in a safe manner.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of maintenance and operation of building automation, water treatment and fire life safety systems.
- Good interpersonal and a positive team attitude.
- Familiarity with computers and operations and office automation applications, including Microsoft Office.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk long distances to cover property portfolio.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
Minimum Required Education
- High school diploma or GED.
- 4 years’ experience in electrical, HVAC trade, including rooftop units.
- 4 years’ experience in backup systems (generator and UPS).
- Competitive salary.
- Benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and paid time off effective date of hire.
Our Equal Opportunity Commitment
Avison Young practices as an equal opportunity employer in all services locations around the world. We are committed to building and maintaining a workforce diverse in experience, skills and knowledge with uniformity in service excellence, commitment and integrity.
The firm maintains a strict policy to ensure employment opportunities are equal and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, protected veteran or military service status, or any other elements protected by law.
For those requiring assistance with disabilities, Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.