Our small Canadian-born business was founded in 1978 and has become a global organization that now spans 120 locations across 20 countries. Our expansion has been rapid, but what matters most is the common belief that drives all 5,000 of our people to be a different type of real estate organization. We believe that the places in which we live, work and play have the power to make us happier and healthier, and we are united by a shared sense of purpose, to have a positive impact on people’s lives. In short, we are a global commercial real estate advisory firm with a simple aim: for real estate to play a leading role in creating vibrant buildings, cities and places that deliver long-lasting social value and economic impact.
WHY WORK WITH US?
We believe our industry is changing and we want our business to be a company of curious minds, passionate hearts and strategic intelligence. At Avison Young, we are committed to hiring people from all walks of life who have a collaborative style and innovations focus; we believe a diverse and embracing workforce makes for a stronger, more capable and competitive company. We will provide you with a place where you can step up and change the game. Collaboration is embedded in the way we work – our people have the autonomy to collaborate on client relationships, engage teams across the business, lead operations, work collectively on projects, participate in strategy and are ultimately responsible for our growth. Our distinctive Principal-led, privately-owned model puts us in the enviable position of being able to offer every employee the opportunity to own a share of our business, and inspires and allows anyone to become a Principal. This role carries voting rights so our people have a very real say in the future direction and operation of our business. This means that we are able to attract, engage and retain the best talent.
We are a department of nine real estate project management professionals, working within the Avison Young team in Montreal. Our modus operandi is simple: continually improving the quality of our services and offering innovative and intelligent solutions to our customers and partners.
Are you interested in this approach?
Your objective as a project manager will be to work on all the elements involved in the management of a real estate project. We are therefore looking for a versatile and dynamic person who will work in close collaboration with our project directors and project coordinators.
- Management and preparation of project-related documents, correspondence, presentations, proposals and other documents related to the management of construction projects;
- Collaborative work with members of the internal team for the training and coordination of project teams, the development of planning and design, as well as the completion of construction work and all the required supplies;
- Collaboration with the real estate brokerage team, namely in terms of feasibility studies and various expertise reports required by our clients;
- Preparation of schedules, project budgets and progress reports;
- Monitoring and coordination of the completion of construction works in relation to all the other elements of the project;
- Essential: Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a similar field, or showing great motivation, and good speed of learning;
- Essential: Fluency in French and English, oral and written;
- Essential: Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook);
- Asset: Knowledge of Planner, Harvest and Aïdi applications;
- Asset: Experience in the fields of construction, architecture or engineering;
- Looking to develop your professional skills;
- Being flexible and able to adapt quickly so that you can work within a team that is constantly evolving;
- Being motivated to learn and ready to contribute to the constant improvement of the quality of the firm’s work;
- Being comfortable in an increasingly computerized work environment.
Avison Young is a collaborative, global firm owned and operated by its principals. Founded in 1978, the company is comprised of more than 5,000 real estate professionals in 120 offices providing value-added, client-centric investment sales, leasing, advisory, management, financing and mortgage placement services to owners and occupiers of office, retail, industrial and multi-family properties.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter stating salary expectations. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
OUR EQUAL OPPORTUNITY COMMITMENT
Avison Young practices as an equal opportunity employer in all services locations around the world. We are committed to building and maintaining a workforce diverse in experience, skills and knowledge with uniformity in service excellence, commitment and integrity.
The firm maintains a strict policy to ensure employment opportunities are equal and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, protected veteran or military service status, or any other elements protected by law.
For those requiring assistance with disabilities, Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Avison Young is committed to employing the best talent with the most fair and equitable recruitment practices.
Apply with us today!