About Avison Young
Avison Young is the world’s fastest-growing commercial real estate services firm. Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, Avison Young is a collaborative, global firm owned and operated by its principals. Founded in 1978, the company provides value-added, client-centric investment sales, leasing, advisory, management, financing and mortgage placement services to owners and occupiers of office, retail, industrial, multi-family and hospitality properties.
We are currently seeking a Chief Engineer to Supervise and direct vendors in installation, repair, and maintenance of all critical and non-critical building machinery and equipment. Works with Facility Manager and Engineering Manager to satisfy all clients’ needs.
- Perform and/or direct the performance of all maintenance department service requests, insuring that work performed in these areas is accomplished efficiently with a minimum amount of disruption and inconvenience. All work will be followed up with adequate clean up.
- Work with Facility Manager to order necessary parts and supplies and stay within budget. Maintain inventories. Recommend and estimate facilities repairs and improvements for inclusion in the 5-year Capital plan.
- Check malfunctioning equipment and ascertain corrective action required to restore to satisfactory operating condition.
- Direct the performance of contracted maintenance work as needed. Specific tasks include but are not limited to: insuring the timely performance of maintenance contract work, overseeing the fulfillment of equipment warrantee obligations by the installer and securing equipment manuals and drawings from the installers/contractors.
- Follow all departmental safety policies. Complete all assigned safety training. Maintains a clean and safe workplace.
- Participate in facilities remodeling, new exhibit construction, and other planning activities of other Departments. Manage and monitor construction and repair projects.
- Maintain basic plumbing fixtures and plumbing issues. This includes replacing of faucets, toilets, toilet flappers, fluid masters and other plumbing as the property requires.
- Correct emergency conditions such as flooding, sewer backup, and equipment malfunctions. This includes problem resolution and cleanup during and after corrective action has been taken.
- Maintain building files and records relevant to building operations and tenants.
- Assist with moving or removal of furniture, file cabinets, boxes, equipment, and other duties as assigned.
- Performs all additional duties as requested.
- Education - Minimum of a high school diploma. Two years of trades schooling in electrical system design, refrigeration and HVAC.
- Experience - 5+ years of experience in facility/plant engineering maintenance.
- Special knowledge and skills – Strong HVAC background – including heat pumps, VAVs, pumping systems, fluid filtering, water treatment and control systems. Emergency backup systems – including generators, transfer switches, UPSs, PDUs and Static switches.
- Personal characteristics - Good interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well in both oral and written reports.
- Must be proficient in basic computer application software such as MS Office, Outlook, etc. and be familiar with electronic work order and PM systems.
- For internal candidates, must constantly receive satisfactory job performance reviews.
- Must have or obtain any licenses or certifications that are required by local or state jurisdictions within 90 days of hire.
- Must have strong work ethic.
- Must pass Avison Young background check.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.