Senior Accountant/Analyst - US Operations
Senior Accountant/Analyst - US Operations (Chicago)
Avison Young Commercial Real Estate is a nationwide full‐service commercial real estate brokerage firm that boasts a diversified range of services, consulting with owners, asset managers and corporate clients in real estate. As a partner-owned firm, we build long‐term relationships with our clients, offering them professional, intelligent real estate and financial solutions.
An exciting opportunity exists to join our U.S. Corporate Accounting Operations in a fast-paced environment with North America’s fastest growing commercial real estate services company.
The Senior Accountant/Analyst – US Operations position supports various aspects of month end close team, including monthly journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations, process improvements, and month end reporting. Works under the direction of the U.S. Accounting Manager. The ideal candidate will project a positive attitude, eagerness to learn and a sincere desire to become an integral part of our team.
- Prepare acquisition accounting journal entries
- Calculate compensation plan earnouts
- Complete asset backed loan reporting as well as monthly accounts receivable analysis
- Compile and review journal entries in compliance with IFRS and support of period end close activities.
- Reconcile assets & liabilities accounts on a monthly basis and investigate/resolve variances on a timely basis.
- Successfully collaborate with business partners to ensure compliance with corporate accounting policies, procedures, controls and provide support on special requests when necessary.
- Support special projects to improve process efficiency and performance.
- Integrate acquisitions into accounting and reporting frameworks.
- Continuously analyze current automation of the accounting and reporting process and present improvement suggestions
- Assist in preparation of schedules for external audit including quarter reviews and year-end audit process.
- A highly-motivated self‐starter who works well independently
- Detailed oriented and strong organizational skills with proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and managing multiple tasks.
- Positive attitude and the ability to quickly respond to management and internal clients.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner, both written and verbal form, well-developed presentation skills.
- Takes initiative with demonstrated ability to create new solutions or methods to gain efficiencies for existing issues/processes.
- Proactively looks for projects to broaden the scope of their experience.
Education & Experience
- 3-5 years of overall general accounting experience.
- BS in Accounting or Finance
- CPA, or Real Estate Industry preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of MS‐Excel required.
- Proficiency in Word and PowerPoint.
Our Equal Opportunity Commitment
Avison Young practices as an equal opportunity employer in all services locations around the world. We are committed to building and maintaining a workforce diverse in experience, skills and knowledge with uniformity in service excellence, commitment and integrity.
The firm maintains a strict policy to ensure employment opportunities are equal and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, protected veteran or military service status, or any other elements protected by law.
For those requiring assistance with disabilities, Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Avison Young is committed to employing the best talent with the most fair and equitable recruitment practices. Apply with us TODAY!
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.