About Avison Young
Avison Young is the world’s fastest-growing commercial real estate services firm. Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, Avison Young is a collaborative, global firm owned and operated by its principals. Founded in 1978, the company provides value-added, client-centric investment sales, leasing, advisory, management, financing and mortgage placement services to owners and occupiers of office, retail, industrial, multi-family and hospitality properties.
The Avison Young Valuation and Advisory Group has openings for junior and mid-level appraisers in their NYC office. Our team offers a full range of commercial real estate valuation services including appraisals, feasibility studies, highest and best use analyses, market studies, trusts and estate valuations, litigation support and appraisal reviews. Our clients include money-centered financial institutions, REITS, govenment agencies, insurance companies and major landlords.
- Research comparable sales, listings and rentals
- Assist in the construction of financial models, including discounted cash flow
- Research benchmark rates of return including cap rates and discount rates
- Assist tin the preparation of appraisals and other consulting reports that aid the client with decision making
- Inspect property and interview market participants along with a Senior Appraiser
- Gather, organize, summarize and report relevant public property-level information
- Assist in the review and selection of the most relevant comparable information relative to the property being appraised
- Research and analyze general market information in terms of its impact on properties and their markets
- Collecting land sales, improved sales and rent comparable
- Communication Proficiency (oral and written)
- Client Focus
- Detail Oriented
- Research Skills
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Financial Aptitude
- Time Management
- 1 year of Experience in Commercial Real Estate Appraisal preferred
Our Equal Opportunity Commitment
Avison Young practices as an equal opportunity employer in all services locations around the world. We are committed to building and maintaining a workforce diverse in experience, skills and knowledge with uniformity in service excellence, commitment and integrity.
The firm maintains a strict policy to ensure employment opportunities are equal and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, protected veteran or military service status, or any other elements protected by law.
For those requiring assistance with disabilities, Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Avison Young is committed to employing the best talent with the most fair and equitable recruitment practices.