Senior Property Manager
We are currently looking for a Senior Property Manager for the overall management and maintenance for a mixed used portfolio primarily located in downtown San Diego, California. This position is full time. The candidate will be responsible for the following tasks outlined below.
- Primary interface with ownership, client, and asset manager to ensure that objectives are being met.
- Works on strategic planning and asset management issues with ownership, client, and asset manager.
- Responsible for the planning, budgeting and control of operating and capital expenditures. Manages the preparation of annual budgets, forecasts, monthly reports, and variance reports.
- Supervises the accounts receivable and accounts payable process, including collection of rent, accruals, payment of expenses, common area maintenance estimates, true-ups, reconciliations, compliance with lease terms, and preparation of all related documentation.
- Responsible for the compliance of all tenant lease agreements to ensure all obligations of the Landlord and Tenant are being met.
- Responds to tenant requests and needs and coordinates with the Property Management and Building Staff Teams to solve the issues. Maintains a strong relationship with the tenants.
- Oversee in the selection and performance of vendor services, including preparation of request for proposals and service agreements. Monitor vendor performance to ensure compliance and standards established in the service agreement are being met.
- Supervise scheduling and facilitating maintenance with vendors and tenants.
- Perform property inspections on a regular basis and make recommendations to maintain and enhance the asset.
- Supervises the compliance of property safety standards, conduct or oversee Fire and Life Safety training, and maintain the building emergency response plans and procedures, along with its related documentation of compliance.
- Supervises and manages team members to ensure exceptional performance is being achieved. The Senior Property Manager is responsible for setting and attaining performance goals, as well as responsible for the development, coaching, and counselling of the team members.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in business, real estate or finance
- Candidate will possess a minimum of ten years related experience in urban retail and mixed used portfolio management
- Strong understanding of financial terms and principals and have the ability to analyze and conduct complex financial and business decisions
- Ability to effectively resolve situations or complaints from tenants, employees, or management
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to express ideas clearly in written and verbal communications, with the capability to create complex financial and business related documents
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented
- Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service
How to apply:
Please submit your resume to Rosanne Kuder, Director of Operations
THIS IS A GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITES AND DOES NOT INCLUDE ALL DUTIES THAT MAY BE REASONABLY REQUIRED OF THE EMPLOYEE BY AVISION YOUNG FROM TIME TO TIME. THE COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ALTER THE RESPONSIBILITES OF THIS POSITION OR ELIMINATE IT ALTOGETHER IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION GIVEN APPROPRIATE NOTICE TO THE EMPLOYEE. ALL WORK IS EXPECTED TO BE COMPLETED IN A TIMELY MANNER AND THROUGH MANNER AND IN FULL COMPLIANCE WITH AVISON YOUNG DEPARTMENTAL POLICIES AND/OR APPLICABLE LAW. ALL EMPLOYEES ARE EXPECTED TO DEMONSTRATE AN INCREASING LEVEL OF INDEPENDENCE IN THE PERFORMACE OF THEIR DUTITES WITH A DECREASING LEVEL OF SUPERVISION. ALL WORK IS EXPECTED TO BE COMPLETED IN A MANNER WHICH SECURES THE LOYALTY OF OUR CLIENTS, TENANTS AND ASSOCAITES AND FURTHER POSITIONS AVISON YOUNG GROWTH.