About Avison Young
Avison Young is the world’s fastest-growing commercial real estate services firm. Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, Avison Young is a collaborative, global firm owned and operated by its principals. Founded in 1978, the company provides value-added, client-centric investment sales, leasing, advisory, management, financing and mortgage placement services to owners and occupiers of office, retail, industrial, multi-family and hospitality properties.
We are seeking a Real Estate Analyst to join our Tri-State Investment Sales Group (TSIS). The Analyst opportunity will provide unparalleled exposure to hundreds of potential transactions per year with direct hands-on impact. Candidates should bring a strong understanding of commercial real estate finance, the ability to work independently to solve problems, and a desire to contribute in other ways that helps our team grow. The fast-paced environment will require resourcefulness and the ability to work on many projects with different personnel at once without losing attention to detail.
The Analyst will be an immediate key contributor to the team who can operate in a dynamic, multi-tasking environment with tight deadlines. Initiative to take on projects and while applying techniques from one project to the next is key. Work ethic and ability to learn on the job are essential.
• Analyze all asset classes in NYC for Broker Opinion of Value and Exclusive Listing materials
• Prepare, organize and present due diligence required for the reports (review and abstracting of leases, appraisals, income and expense statements, rent rolls, etc.)
• Clearly write to explain the project, analysis and conclusion
• Operating statement analysis, prepare pro forma projections and, discounted cash flow analyses
• Developing offering and presentation packages
• Analyze comparable sold and for sale listings, submarket statistics such as competitive inventory, availability, lease rates, etc.
• Ad hoc analysis and projects as needed
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Prior commercial real estate experience and/or Master’s in Real Estate preferred
• Deep understanding of return metrics including cap rates, GRM, IRR, equity multiple, ROC, CoC
• Experience modeling development and debt structures a plus
• Strong Microsoft Excel underwriting ability
• ARGUS experience preferred
• Ability to write clear and concise on complex topics
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a timely and thorough manner
Our Equal Opportunity Commitment
Avison Young practices as an equal opportunity employer in all services locations around the world. We are committed to building and maintaining a workforce diverse in experience, skills and knowledge with uniformity in service excellence, commitment and integrity.
The firm maintains a strict policy to ensure employment opportunities are equal and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, protected veteran or military service status, or any other elements protected by law.
For those requiring assistance with disabilities, Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Avison Young is committed to employing the best talent with the most fair and equitable recruitment practices.