Our small Canadian-born business was founded in 1978 and has become a global organization that now spans 120 locations across 20 countries. Our expansion has been rapid, but what matters most is the common belief that drives all 5,000 of our people to be a different type of real estate organization. We believe that the places in which we live, work and play have the power to make us happier and healthier, and we are united by a shared sense of purpose, to have a positive impact on people’s lives. In short, we are a global commercial real estate advisory firm with a simple aim: for real estate to play a leading role in creating vibrant buildings, cities and places that deliver long-lasting social value and economic impact.
Why work with us?
We believe our industry is changing and we want our business to be a company of curious minds, passionate hearts and strategic intelligence. At Avison Young, we are committed to hiring people from all walks of life who have a collaborative style and innovations focus; we believe a diverse and embracing workforce makes for a stronger, more capable and competitive company. We will provide you with a place where you can step up and change the game. Collaboration is embedded in the way we work – our people have the autonomy to collaborate on client relationships, engage teams across the business, lead operations, work collectively on projects, participate in strategy and are ultimately responsible for our growth. Our distinctive Principal-led, privately-owned model puts us in the enviable position of being able to offer every employee the opportunity to own a share of our business, and inspires and allows anyone to become a Principal. This role carries voting rights so our people have a very real say in the future direction and operation of our business. This means that we are able to attract, engage and retain the best talent.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will work closely with individual brokers and teams of brokers in their day-to-day activities, to ensure a smooth and efficient work environment.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepare and edit Market Surveys, proposals, Requests for Proposals, presentations, contracts, offers, counter offers, commission agreements, lease summaries, reports, correspondence and other documents;
- Assist with the preparation and coordination of marketing materials for listings, including brochures, flyers, e-mail blasts, invitations, signage and announcements;
- Collaborate with the marketing department to prepare customized marketing campaigns and events;
- Carry out zoning searches, property title searches and sale searches in conjunction with the research department;
- Conduct market information research through various sources;
- Coordinate deal processing with brokers and internal administration;
- Translate documents from French to English and from English to French;
- Proofread copy for spelling, grammar, layout and compliance with Avison Young’s branding;
- Update CRM database with current market and client information;
- Prepare brokers’ expense accounts;
- Assist in the planning and execution of corporate and client events;
- Provide reception coverage;
- Schedule meetings, appointments and travel plans;
- Participate in various meetings and conference calls;
- Assist with other administrative needs and special projects as needed.
- Perfectly bilingual - French and English - oral and written
- Ideally, two years of commercial real estate experience
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize, to work under pressure with multiple timelines, with limited direction and supervision
- Ability to maintain discretion
- Well organized and demonstrate initiative
Avison Young is a collaborative, global firm owned and operated by its principals. Founded in 1978, the company is comprised of more than 5,000 real estate professionals in 120 offices providing value-added, client-centric investment sales, leasing, advisory, management, financing and mortgage placement services to owners and occupiers of office, retail, industrial and multi-family properties.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter stating salary expectations. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our equal opportunity committment
Avison Young practices as an equal opportunity employer in all services locations around the world. We are committed to building and maintaining a workforce diverse in experience, skills and knowledge with uniformity in service excellence, commitment and integrity.
The firm maintains a strict policy to ensure employment opportunities are equal and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, protected veteran or military service status, or any other elements protected by law.
For those requiring assistance with disabilities, Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Avison Young is committed to employing the best talent with the most fair and equitable recruitment practices.
Apply with us today!