Senior Property Manager
REPORTS TO: General Manager or Managing Director
The Senior Property Manager reports to the General Manager or Managing Director and is responsible for the overall management and maintenance for an assigned portfolio. The Senior Property Manager is responsible for all financial aspects of the portfolio, assuring that all income due to owner is collected in a timely manner, and that expenses are controlled in line with ownership objectives meeting or exceeding NOI goals. Relationship building with all tenants to quickly solve tenant problems that may arise and managing tenant satisfaction in efforts to ensure a high level of tenant retention.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains a strong relationship and regular interaction with Property Owners to ensure that objectives are being met.
- Responsible for the planning, budgeting and control of operating and capital expenditures. Manages the preparation of annual budgets, forecasts, monthly reports, and variance reports.
- Supervises the accounts receivable and accounts payable process, including collection of rent, accruals, payment of expenses, common area maintenance estimates, true-ups, reconciliations, compliance with lease terms, and preparation of all related documentation.
- Responsible for the compliance of all tenant lease agreements to ensure all obligations of the Landlord and Tenant are being met.
- Responds to tenant requests and needs and coordinates with the Property Management and Building Staff Teams to solve the issues. Maintains a strong relationship with the tenants.
- Oversee in the selection and performance of vendor services, including preparation of request for proposals and service agreements. Monitor vendor performance to ensure compliance and standards established in the service agreement are being met.
- Supervise scheduling and facilitating maintenance with vendors and tenants.
- Perform property inspections on a regular basis and make recommendations to maintain and enhance the asset.
- Supervises the compliance of property safety standards, conduct or oversee Fire and Life Safety training, and maintain the building emergency response plans and procedures, along with its related documentation of compliance.
- Supervises and manages team members to ensure exceptional performance is being achieved. The Senior Property Manager is responsible for setting and attaining performance goals, as well as responsible for the development, coaching, and counselling of the team members.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in business, real estate, or finance
- Candidate will possess a minimum of seven years related experience
- Strong understanding of financial terms and principals and have the ability to analyze and conduct complex financial and business decisions
- Ability to effectively resolve situations or complaints from tenants, employees, or management
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to express ideas clearly in written and verbal communications, with the capability to create complex financial and business related documents
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented
- Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service