Associate (Tenant Representation)
Avison Young, a global real estate solutions firm, is seeking an Associate to be a part of a Washington, DC tenant representation team. We are looking for an intelligent, assertive, and ambitious person who wants a dynamic career with unlimited earning potential in commercial real estate. Technical skills gained during the training program will include: market knowledge, financial analysis, strategic planning, programming, application of market economics, negotiation techniques, drafting proposals and letters of intent, lease analysis and commenting, creating market surveys, and developing marketing collateral.
- Team player working with other Senior Brokers as needed to assist in calls and business development activities. Eager to generate leads and develop relationships.
- Develop new business primarily through in-person contacts, heavy telephone prospecting, networking, and follow-ups to include: presentations to those who influence decisions and decision-makers and schedule face-to-face contact with prospective candidates requiring real estate solutions.
- Report and update on calling program status, clients met, potential deals being generated, issues / concerns and next steps.
- Represent the interests of client firms to locate space (including researching companies and executives, preparing surveys, conducting tours, evaluating proposals, conducting financial analysis, preparing lease abstracts and reviewing lease documents).
- Work closely with Senior Brokers to prepare proposals and strategies for presentation.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with industry professionals.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years of work experience required
- 2+ years of work experience in Commercial Real Estate or other sales-related position is preferred
- Must procure and maintain a Real Estate Salesperson's license as required
- Detail oriented, self-starter, strong organizational and analytical skills, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and within a team on a wide variety of projects
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and sales skills essential
If you meet the qualifications and are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter stating salary expectations to [email protected] We would like to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.