Class A Property in River North seeks experienced downtown commercial real estate Property Manager.
Avison Young is the world’s fastest-growing commercial real estate services firm. Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, Avison Young is a collaborative, global firm owned and operated by its principals. Founded in 1978, the company comprises 2,400 real estate professionals in 78 offices, providing value-added, client-centric investment sales, leasing, advisory, management, financing and mortgage placement services to owners and occupiers of office, retail, industrial and multi-family properties.
- Ensure compliance with Property Management Policies and Procedures, codes, regulations and governmental agency directives.
- Responsible for all lease administration duties
- Monitor collections and coordinate default proceedings
- Oversee all monthly financial reporting to ownership
- Provide management and leadership to property staff, including performance management
- Develop comprehensive annual inspection process for properties, complete weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual inspections as required for a specific asset, best practices and/or client requirements
- Develop operating and capital budgets, track variances, perform CAM reconciliations and ensure smooth recovery process
- Bid, negotiate and manage conformity with vendor contracts in accordance with the Avison Young contract and client requirements
- Accurately abstract all property leases in lease administration software
- Maintain interface with third party owners and accounting team to ensure total contract compliance, including preparation of accurate and timely reporting
- Coordinate and oversee, on behalf of client, all tenant and building construction work to ensure timely and accurate completion of all construction work at property
- Participate in leasing and client team meetings and ensure effective communication between leasing and property management team members to achieve client’s goals and objectives
- Provide and foster positive relationships with tenants, external clients, and internal clients
Skills and Specifications:
- Ability to provide timely and accurate response to all involved with the property
- Ability to respect and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Knowledge of business practices and principles
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks
- Effective negotiating and management skills
- Exceptional leadership interpersonal and communication skills
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; 10 years or more of related experience and/or training in the Commercial Real Estate Industry, Illinois Real Estate License
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter stating salary expectations. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our Equal Opportunity Commitment
Avison Young practices as an equal opportunity employer in all services locations around the world. We are committed to building and maintaining a workforce diverse in experience, skills and knowledge with uniformity in service excellence, commitment and integrity.
The firm maintains a strict policy to ensure employment opportunities are equal and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, protected veteran or military service status, or any other elements protected by law.
For those requiring assistance with disabilities, Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.