Avison Young, a global real estate solutions firm, is seeking an Analyst to support the Washington, DC Structured Finance Group. The team specializes in arranging financing across all property types and capital structures including, senior (permanent) financing, construction loans, bridge loans, mezzanine debt, recapitalizations, preferred equity and joint venture/programmatic equity.
This position is focused exclusively on the placement of debt and joint venture equity for commercial real estate transactions. Analysts will be primarily responsible for financial underwriting and modeling, market research and preparation of offering memorandums. The ideal candidate is looking to work in a high-energy, team-focused environment.
- Prepare debt and/or equity offering memorandums for commercial real estate transactions, including market research and write-ups, financial modeling and composition of executive summaries
- Perform complex financial analyses with minimal supervision, including cash flow projections, valuation models, and sensitivity analyses
- Provide support to Producers during the marketing process by distributing marketing materials, contacting and answering lender questions and keeping Clients informed of progress
- Facilitate deal execution by organizing closing calls and tracking closing checklist items
- Assist with preparation of presentation and pitch materials for new business pursuits
- 2+ years of work experience in Finance or Commercial Real Estate is preferred but not required
- Strong analytical skills and financial modeling skills required
- Strong internet search skills are required
- Experience with Argus is preferred but not required
- The individual should be a self-starter with a positive attitude and be willing to work long hours and weekends on occasion
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree with strong academic credentials
- Excellent writing and grammar skills (applicant will need to submit examples of written work product)
- Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative information and translate into strategic deliverables
- Familiarity and some experience abstracting leases and understanding of various lease structures
- Strong computer orientation and proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint and Word software is required
- Experience with Adobe InDesign not required but is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and can explain complex concepts clearly and simply
- Ability to work independently and within a team on a wide variety of projects
- Ability to multi-task, work successfully under pressure and effectively manage time and workload
- Ability to reprioritize tasks on a daily basis given varying team requirements
- Advanced understanding of real estate fundamentals, economic metrics, and research processes
- A desire to work within a fun, diverse, collaborative, and driven professional environment
Competitive salary, bonus and benefits available.
If you meet the qualifications and are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter stating salary expectations to [email protected] We would like to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.