Principal & Managing Director, Energy
- 11 York Street
Manchester, M2 2AW UK
- Main Line +44 (0)161 956 4313
- Direct Line +44 (0)161 956 4313
- Mobile +44 (0)7831516540
- Email [email protected]
Steven joined the Business Rates Department in 1990 and was a key figure in the rapid growth and diversification of the northern and national teams over the next two decades.
An acknowledged expert in public sector rating, Steven has considerable involvement in central government and health sector work.
He has also become heavily involved in the energy sector, particularly nuclear properties.
Steven is currently involved in the negotiation of complex appeals relating to a variety of specialist classes of property following the 2017 revaluation.
For the last eight years, he has headed up the Avison Young Energy and Natural Resources Team, which provides agency and consultancy advice across the full range of energy-related disciplines, including nuclear and thermal, grid and infrastructure, renewables, energy from waste and environmental. The quantity and quality of energy-related work undertaken by Avison Young have grown considerably throughout this period.
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Economics
- Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS)
- Member of the Rating Surveyors’ Association
Key areas of expertise
- Managing Director heading up the Avison Young Energy & Natural Resources Business Unit
- Business Rates Consultancy