- Work with local and entrepreneurial business owners
- Fast paced
- Commission based
- Requires self-starter who enjoys working in a team environment
- Preference will be given to brokers who are working toward or have earned a commercial real estate designation such as CCIM, SIOR or other certification. We are looking for brokers who want to leverage AVISON YOUNG's platform and marketing resources to do what they do best, make deals happen and service their clients.
All inquiries and resume submittals are kept strictly confidential.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are respective of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Real Estate License Required or willing to obtain one
- Commercial Real Estate Knowledge and Experience
- Business Knowledge
- Self-Starter, willing to develop business, make sales calls
- Communication Skills
- Computer Skills
- Develop new business primarily through in-person contacts, phone calls, canvassing and follow-up to include; presentations to those who influence decisions and decision-makers and schedule face-to-face contact with prospective candidates requiring real estate needs.
- Report and update supervisor on calling program status, clients met, potential deals being generated, issues/concerns, and next steps.
- Team player working with other brokers as needed to assist in calls and business development activities. Eager to generate leads and develop relationships.
- Represent the interests of client firms to locate space (including researching companies and executives, preparing surveys, conducting tours, evaluating proposals, conducting financial analysis, preparing lease abstracts and reviewing lease documents).
- Responsible for the gathering of marketing materials for the Marketing Manager (floor plans, photos, stacking plans, etc).
- Work closely with brokers to prepare proposals and strategies for presentations.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with industry professionals.
- Prepare financial analyses comparing purchase versus lease options.
- Willingness to mentor junior brokers and train as necessary.
- Bachelor Degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university; MBA or graduate degree in Real Estate preferred.
- Minimum of 5-7 years professional experience in Commercial Real Estate or other sales experience.
- Must procure and maintain a real estate salesperson’s license as required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Detail oriented, self-starter, strong organizational and analytical skills, able to handle multiple projects at any given time, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and sale skills essential.