Avison Young Real Estate Management Services Ontario Inc. is an industry leader in the field of third party management. It is part of the Avison Young group, offering a diversified range of services, consulting with owners, asset managers and corporate clients in real estate. As a partner-owned firm, we build long-term relationships with our clients, offering them professional, intelligent real estate and financial services.
We are currently seeking a full time Property Administrator for an immediate opening working from our downtown Toronto office located at 401 Bay Street.
- Rent administration including account reconciliation, collections, deposits and posting of cash receipts into REALM/Yardi
- Prepare and maintain all tracking schedules, logs, and reports as required
- Preparation of invoices including utilities, percentage rent, year-end adjustments, tenant charge-backs and entry into REALM/Yardi
- Prepare purchase orders and maintain control logs
- Assist manager in obtaining pricing and placing approved orders
- Invoice administration including matching invoice with PO and verification of accuracy
- Maintain, administer and reconcile petty cash on a monthly basis
- Administer all utility accounts including master logs and account changes as required
- Provide administrative support to Property Manager
- Be a front line contact for tenants on an on-going basis to answer questions concerning property administration and resolve their concerns including follow up to ensure satisfaction
- Prepare correspondence for Property Manager and draft notices to tenants as required
- Enter, update and maintain accurate tenant lease information in Yardi tenant database
- Prepare and issue approved Rental Advices Notices
- Review monthly rent roll to ensure accuracy for billing
- Collection of sales figures and preparation of reports as required
- Investigate and resolve accounting and billing issues
- Understand and interpret leases; assist Property Manager in preparation of any required documentation
- Maintain Tenant and Supplier Contact information
- Maintain schedule of up to date insurance certificates for all tenants and trades
- Assist Property Manager in the preparation of monthly reports to owners including Executive Summary, accounts receivable report and revenue/expense variance analysis
- Assist Property Manager in the preparation and control of annual operating budget
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a related property management position
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Access
- Experience with REALM / Yardi accounting system a definite asset
- Strong aptitude for numbers including strong knowledge of accounting procedures and account reconciliation
- Sound knowledge of operating statements and strong understanding of budgets and recoveries
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize tasks and work well under pressure
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional problem solving and attention to detail
Competitive salary and benefits package offered for the right candidate with the right skills and experience.
If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter stating salary expectations in confidence to email@example.com. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.