Avison Young is the world’s fastest-growing commercial real estate services firm. Headquartered in Canada, Avison Young is a collaborative, global firm owned and operated by its principals. We are seeking a Financial Systems Coordinator to join our Global IT team. This position is based in Rosemont IL.
Avison Young is implementing three interfaced financial systems to handle commission processing/tracking, accounting, and financial reporting. The Financial Systems Administrator will assist with system configuration, implementation/rollout, and be responsible for ongoing support of these systems.
- Assist with configuration of systems
- Assist with writing system documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata);
- Assist with exporting, mapping, and importing data from old to new systems
- Assist with setup of security and users
- Assist with testing of configuration of systems
- Assist with training
Post Implementation Ongoing Support
- Research, analyze and resolve issues with various software applications.
- Troubleshoot on behalf of the users.
- Work with vendors on replicating system issues as necessary
- Identify and troubleshoot integration, workflow and process issues. Describe and report issues to the correct internal or external party, as required.
- Daily monitoring and maintenance of integrations.
- Assist with System Integration errors.
- Provide light-weight system administration.
- Security setup and maintenance of Users.
- Create and assist in development of custom reports and dashboards for ongoing needs.
- Maintain data integrity in individual systems and ensure data remains consistent across systems.
- Assist with installation, implementation, and data conversion of new modules/3rd party connected applications for existing systems.
- Plan and coordinate testing of changes, upgrades, etc. to ensure smooth transition.
- Provide ongoing user support
- Respond to user questions
- Log and track issues for prioritization and reporting purposes
- Assist with new acquisitions
- Assist with exporting, mapping, and importing data from old to new systems for new acquisitions.
- System integration
- Maintain system documentation and training materials.
- Communicate regularly with technical, applications and operational staff
- Other duties as assigned
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work through ambiguous work situations.
- Self-motivated, able to take initiative and work independently.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to plan and prioritize workload and meet deadlines
- Ability to shift priorities with little or no notice
- Professional attitude and work habits.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and confidently with users, team members and management, both technical and nontechnical, at all organizational levels.
- Familiarity with basic accounting concepts required.
- Bachelor Degree in technical field or accounting (5+ years’ extensive experience supporting multiple financial systems considered without degree)
- Experience with system implementations.
- Understanding of both business and technical requirements.
- Familiarity with Commercial Real Estate a plus, but not required
- Prior experience with Salesforce CRM systems (APTO), Sales Incentive Software (CallidusCloud), Cloud Based ERP (NetSuite), a plus, but not required.